COVID-19 Protocols: Winter 2021-22
- The winter sports season will begin without restrictions on the number of spectators at a Glens Falls game, except for swimming. We welcome home fans only for swim meets in the GFHS pool. Social distancing will be enforced in all spectator areas. The district will reassess pandemic metrics weekly, and may place restrictions on spectators as the community situation warrants.
- Spectators, coaches, officials, and athletes are required to be masked at all times while in the building (except for swimmers, who will wear masks while on the pool deck only). This includes bowling and ice hockey spectators, who are still required to wear masks inside our teams’ “home” facilities. Nordic and Alpine Skiing athletes/spectators are not required to wear face masks.
- Admission will not be charged for any Glens Falls home games, except the Holiday Basketball Tournament, and ice hockey games. Hockey admission will be taken at the door for home games.
- ALL home basketball games will be held in the HIGH school gym to allow spectators to spread out in the stands.
- Limited concessions will be sold and consumed in the High School cafeteria. No food or drink will be allowed outside of the cafeteria.
- Athletes on the Basketball, Cheerleading, Wrestling, Swimming/Diving, and Ice Hockey teams will be required to have a weekly COVID-19 test at school. Testing begins on November 29th, and details will be provided. Athletes on the Alpine Ski, Nordic Ski, and Bowling teams will not be required to test.
- Shaking hands/high-fiving will be allowed.
Student-athletes will be able to use the locker rooms for changing before and after practices. Teams are allowed 10 minutes inside the locker rooms, and all clothing, personal items, etc. are subject to the “carry in/carry out” rule. Supervision is required in the locker rooms when they are in use.
Boys locker room schedule, before practices:
- Swim: 3:05-3:15 p.m.
- Wrestling: 3:15-3:25 p.m.
- Basketball: 3:25-3:35 p.m.
Live streaming of games:
- All home swim meets will be live streamed on the GFSD Athletics Facebook page for visitor fans (or home fans who cannot make it in person).
- All games held in the High School gym will be live streamed on the GFSD Athletics YouTube channel for any fans who cannot make it in person.
- NO eating or drinking is allowed at any time on sports buses. Face masks covering the nose and mouth are required at ALL times.
- Bus seating charts, which are critical for contact tracing, will be developed and provided to the Pandemic Operations Coordinator and Director of Transportation. This single seating chart will be used for the whole season. Student-athletes are to sit in the same seats each away contest.
- No overnight trips will be approved.
Live-streams of games
Looking to watch a swim meet, basketball game, or other GF Nation Athletics competition? Be sure to like and follow the Glens Falls CSD Athletics Facebook page for home game live streams and YouTube streaming links to away games.
Looking for the game schedule? See all of Glens Falls’ teams on Schedule Galaxy.
More than 60 percent of GFHS students choose to participate in the many sports available to them. Parents and other fans can find out about upcoming events on the Athletics Calendar page. As a reminder, middle school student spectators must be accompanied by a parent or other adult at all games.
Spring sports: Coaches’ contact information
Softball – Varsity: Craig Archambault CraigArchambault@yahoo.com
Softball – JV: Matt O’Connor email@example.com
Softball – Mod A: Meresa Mason firstname.lastname@example.org
Softball – Mod B: Ethan Hall email@example.com
Boys Tennis: Stephen Zurlo firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall sports: Coaches’ contact information
Varsity Football: Pat Lilac email@example.com
Varsity Asst.: Kurt Conduzio firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity Asst.: Mark Girard email@example.com
JV Football: Dan Perry firstname.lastname@example.org
JV Football: Curtis May email@example.com
JV Football: John Endieveri firstname.lastname@example.org
Modified – 7/8 Football: Scott Endieveri email@example.com
Modified – 7/8 Football: Rob Girard firstname.lastname@example.org
Modified – 7/8 Football Kevin Hall Halz_68@yahoo.com
Modified – 7/8 Football: Sonny McTiernan Sonny.email@example.com
Varsity Girls Swimming: Chris Patnode firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity Golf: Steve Zurlo email@example.com
Varsity Girls Tennis: Suzanne Leyden firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity Cheerleading: Rebecca Ring email@example.com
Join the Grandstanders Sports Booster Club
The Indian Grandstanders Booster Club’s mission is to promote and support all Glens Falls Athletic Programs. The organization has actively supported these programs for over 35 years by providing financial assistance and a volunteer “workforce” to help provide a quality experience for student athletes.