The Indian Grandstanders Booster Club’s mission is to promote and support all Glens Falls Athletic Programs. Our organization has actively supported these programs for over 35 years by providing financial assistance and a volunteer “workforce” to help provide a quality experience for our student athletes.
Monies are raised in a variety of ways: memberships, corporate sponsorships, concession stand profits, 50/50 ticket sales, and various fundraisers we hold throughout the year.
We invite you to see some of what we have provided over the years:
- Over $50,000 in scholarships to graduating seniors
- An annual Senior Sports Awards Banquet where each student athlete receives an engraved plaque
- Meals for teams and individual competitors and their coaches traveling to state championships
- Special speakers and trainers to work with our athletes
- Pitching machines, weight belts and vests, basketball shootaway, scoring tables, sound system
- Varsity team photos for all team members and coaches
- Championship banners that hang in the gym
- Items for Morse Fields: a golf cart, tables, chairs, canopies
- Lighting for night football game at Putt LaMay Field, resulting in a great community event
Additionally, the Grandstanders were instrumental in establishing the Glens Falls Athletic Hall of Fame, which has inducted eight classes to date. We sponsor and help staff the annual George Muse Track Invitational, Matmania Wrestling Tournament, various sectional/regional competitions and of course you see Grandstander members at many sporting events cheering on the athletes and running the concession stand.
Nearly 60% of all Glens Falls students participate in some form of organized school sports. All students who participate in sports benefit in numerous ways. Sports help develop confidence, cooperation skills, and dedication, in addition to fostering a sense of belonging. These traits provide the foundation for athletes to become successful in everyday life.
Never has it been more important for parents, friends, neighbors and the community to support our school and student athletes. The Grandstanders urge everyone to contribute time and/or resources to ensure the continued success of these valuable programs.
Monthly meetings are generally held on the first Monday of each month from September through June at 7 p.m. in the High School Conference Room. Your attendance is welcome.