The school is a learning center. In order to promote a safe, quiet, nurturing environment, the following behaviors should be practiced:
- Walk in the halls quietly. Keep your hands to yourself.
- Remain in your classroom unless your teacher excuses you.
- Use appropriate language in school, on the playground, and on the bus.
- Take care of school property
- Respect the rights and feelings of others.
- Address adults respectfully using Mr., Mrs., Miss or Ms.
- Follow the directions of any supervising adult.
Lunch Room Behavior
- Use responsible table manners.
- Do not throw food.
- Talk quietly during lunch. When lights are off, be ready to listen.
- Remain seated when requested by the supervising adults.
- Clean up after eating and throw your trash away. (You will be expected to leave your eating area as you found it.)
- Be courteous and respectful to those in charge.
- Pay back borrowed money promptly.
- Play games that are safe, and use the playground equipment in a safe manner.(NO CONTACT SPORTS!)
- Use appropriate language and use good sportsmanship.
- Avoid rough play. (Fighting, at any time, is not allowed.)
- Follow directions and stay in the designated playground area.
- Be prepared – everyone will be expected to participate in outdoor recess.
- Enter the auditorium in an orderly manner and sit quietly.
- Listen politely to the performance and speakers.
- Clap politely to show appreciation – DO NOT stamp your feet, “Boo,” whistle and the like.
- Leave in an orderly manner, as directed by the supervising adult.
Field Trip Behavior
- Be courteous and respectful to others enroute to the vehicles.
- Remain in your seat while the vehicle is in motion, and talk quietly.
- Keep the vehicle clean.
- Listen carefully to the supervising adult(s) and follow their instructions.
- Be a good citizen when representing the Glens Falls City School District.