Dear Parents and Guardians:
We hope you had a relaxing break week! If you traveled someplace warm, welcome back.
As per the NYSDOH quarantine requirements for any traveler to New York State from a noncontiguous state, a mandatory 10-day quarantine is required for all family members who were out-of-state for more than 24 hours.
If your family planned to use the provision allowing travelers to test-out of the mandatory 10-day quarantine, you must now:
- Forward to the school nurse a written copy of your child’s negative COVID test results from the state you visited, dated within three days of your departure back to New York.
- Every family member who traveled must quarantine for three days once back in New York State.
- On day 4 of your quarantine, your family must obtain another COVID test. If both tests come back negative, you may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test. Copies of both negative test results must be received by your child(ren)’s school nurse before they can return to school.
- If any member of your family does not have both the out-of-state COVID test and the in-state COVID test, he/she will be required to quarantine at home for 10 days upon returning.
Regardless of whether or not you traveled, please monitor all members of your family for signs or symptoms of COVID-19. We want our schools to stay OPEN for your children, and your family’s behaviors will be the deciding factor in that effort!
- Fill out the Student Health Questionnaire today (link in parent email)
- Wash all cloth face coverings with your regular laundry
- Get plenty of sleep, water, and exercise