Dear Parents and Guardians:
As can be expected while Warren County remains in “High” community transmission, we are now seeing our first positive COVID cases since the start of the academic year.
Here is a summary COVID update for Friday, 9/10, using the best information that has been reported to us, either by a local health department or by parents/guardians/employees. Remember that if any confirmed case requires a mandatory quarantine of other students or adults, we have already contacted parents and staff members separately by phone.
- GFSD individuals now under quarantine: 16
- GFSD new positive cases today: 2 (HS), 1 (MS)
- GFSD individuals rapid-tested at GFHS/MS on Wednesday, 9/8 (athletes): 50
- Testing results: 50 Negative; 0 Positive
- GFSD individuals rapid-tested at GFHS/MS on Thursday, 9/9 (athletes): 44
- Testing results: 44 Negative; 0 Positive
- Warren Co. Public Health active quarantines as of 9/10: 335
- Warren Co. Public Health active COVID-19 cases as of 9/10: 199
(Data from Warren Co. COVID Hub)
Please understand the following important points around our continued pandemic operations:
- If your child is vaccinated and had contact with a positive case, they will not need to quarantine as long as they are not symptomatic. You will want to get them tested 3-5 days after exposure.
- If your child is unvaccinated and had contact with a positive case, they will be quarantined for 10 days. Your child will continue to receive instruction during quarantine, via primary synchronous instruction through Google Meets, asynchronous instruction through Google Classroom, office hours support (on telephone or Google Meets), or identified work (handouts, self-paced activities, worksheets, packets). Your child will have daily contact with a teacher throughout the quarantine.
- If your child has ANY symptoms of a cough, runny nose, fever, etc. STAY HOME, and contact your doctor right away. Please continue to conduct at-home screenings and maintain personal awareness of COVID symptoms for your children.
On Tuesday, September 14th, Warren Co. Public Health nurses will be in the Glens Falls Middle School cafeteria from 3:30-5 p.m., giving Pfizer COVID vaccinations to any interested faculty, staff, parent, or student over age 12. Please sign up for a vaccine using this link: https://apps2.health.ny.gov/
The health, safety, and well-being of our school community remains our main focus. We will continue to work closely with WCPH, and will follow their guidance on how to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.