Even during pandemic operations, GFHS freshman Jason Hall continues to raise thousands of dollars for Operation Santa Claus!
Please note that the COVID update will not be sent over the holiday break. Please rest, hydrate, and exercise over break week. We are #GFNationSTRONG!
- Seven new positive COVID cases – 3 (KRS), 2 (MS), 1 (HS), 1 (JH) – were reported Thursday involving GFSD students or staff.
- (Detailed, cumulative school data is available on the NYS COVID Report Card here)
- 70 GFSD students/staff are under mandatory quarantine because of exposure to COVID as of 12/23.
- Warren Co. Health Services is monitoring 506 active COVID cases as of 12/23.
- 706 Warren County residents are under mandatory quarantine because of exposure to COVID as of 12/23.
- (County data and the information italicized herein are from the daily update on Warren Co. COVID Hub)
Presume you will be exposed to COVID-19 when going into a crowded public setting or at a workplace where you interact closely with others, and please take precautions accordingly. Please follow New York State mask/face covering guidelines if venturing into public places that do not have vaccine mandates.
For those seeking COVID testing, please note that the New York State mass vaccination site at Aviation Mall is BOTH a vaccine and COVID-19 testing site. Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines, including boosters and pediatric vaccines, are being offered Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. This site offers COVID-19 testing on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Find full details here: https://bit.ly/3xDoUuI.
Detailed Warren County COVID data is available here. (scroll for data sets and charts)
Today’s summary COVID update for Glens Falls City School District uses the best information that has been reported to us, either by a local health department or by parents/guardians/employees. Remember that if any confirmed case requires a mandatory quarantine of other students or adults, we have already contacted parents and staff members separately by phone. The health, safety, and well-being of our school community remains our main focus. We will continue to work closely with WCHS on how to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.