- Six new positive COVID cases – 3 (KRS), 2 (MS), 1 (JH) – were reported, weekend through today, involving GFSD students or staff.
- (Detailed, cumulative school data is available on the NYS COVID Report Card here)
- 56 GFSD students/staff are under active quarantine as of 12/20.
- Warren Co. Health Services is monitoring 440 active COVID cases as of 12/20.
- 651 Warren County residents are under mandatory quarantine/isolation because of exposure to COVID as of 12/20.
- (County data and the information italicized herein are from the daily update on Warren Co. COVID Hub)
Presume you will be exposed to COVID-19 when going into a crowded public setting or at a workplace where you interact closely with others, and please take precautions accordingly. Warren County Health Services also asks residents to consider home rapid tests before attending a holiday gathering. Find more information here. Detailed Warren County COVID data is available here. (scroll for data sets and charts)
Today’s summary COVID update for Glens Falls City School District uses the best information that has been reported to us, either by a local health department or by parents/guardians/employees. Remember that if any confirmed case requires a mandatory quarantine of other students or adults, we have already contacted parents and staff members separately by phone. The health, safety, and well-being of our school community remains our main focus. We will continue to work closely with WCHS on how to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.