The A, B, C’s at Glens Falls Middle School
Accountability… Behavior… Consideration… The school is a learning center. In order to promote a safe, nurturing environment, the following behaviors should be practiced:
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters, hoverboards, and bicycles are considered transportation modes and their operation must cease once students enter school grounds.
- Walk in the halls quietly. Keep your hands to yourself.
- Respect the rights and property of others.
- Students are to follow all reasonable requests made by middle school staff.
- Students are to use appropriate language at all times when in school or near school.
- Students are responsible for the proper care of all school books, Chromebooks, supplies and furniture. Students who lose or damage school property or equipment will be required to pay for the damage or replace the item. Graffiti is prohibited.
- Passes should be carried by students when they are out of the classroom during class time.
- Students must keep their backpacks in their lockers.
- The possession of tobacco products, matches, vaping devices, and/or lighters is prohibited. Violators will receive disciplinary consequences.
- The possession, consumption, distribution, sale and/or use of any pill, capsule, liquid, inhalant, marijuana, or any other “illegal substance” or related paraphernalia which may be detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of the user is prohibited. Offenders will be suspended from school and may have a Superintendent’s hearing. Also, the Glens Falls Police Department may be notified.
- Possession of fireworks such as caps, firecrackers, poppers, etc. is prohibited and will result in a suspension from school.
- Fighting in school or on the way to and from school will result in disciplinary consequences.
- Bullying is prohibited.
- Possessing any weapon, displaying what appears to be a weapon, or threatening to use a weapon is prohibited. “Weapon” means gun, pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, machine gun, disguised gun, dagger, dirk, razor, stiletto, switchblade, knife, gravity knife, metal knuckle knife, box cutters, cane sword, electronic dart gun, Kung Fu star, electronic stun gun, pepper spray or other noxious spray, explosive or incendiary bomb, ammunition, or other dangerous instrument that can cause injury or death. This will result in a five day out of school suspension and a Superintendent’s hearing. The Glens Falls Police Department may be notified.
Lunch Room Behavior
- Use responsible table manners.
- Do not throw food or any other objects in the lunchroom.
- Talk quietly during lunch. When the whistle blows, be quiet and be ready to listen.
- Be seated when requested by the supervising adults.
- Clean up after eating and throw trash away.
- Students will be split up or removed from the cafeteria if they are disruptive.
- Be courteous and respectful toward staff and each other.
- No gum chewing is permitted in the middle school.
- Enter the auditorium in an orderly manner and sit quietly.
- Listen politely to the performance and speakers.
- Clap politely to show appreciation. Do not stamp your feet, “Boo”, whistle, etc.
- Leave in an orderly manner, as directed by the supervising adult.
Field Trip Behavior
- Be courteous and respectful to others.
- Remain in your seat while the vehicle is in motion.
- Keep the vehicle clean.
- Listen carefully to the supervising adults and follow their instructions.
- Be a good citizen when representing the Glens Falls City School District.