Dear Parents and Guardians:
Warren County remains in a “High” community transmission zone. Here is a summary COVID update for Wednesday, 9/15, using the best information that has been reported to us, either by a local health department or by parents/guardians/employees. Remember that if any confirmed case requires a mandatory quarantine of other students or adults, we have already contacted parents and staff members separately by phone.
- GFSD individuals now under quarantine: 91
- GFSD new positive cases today: 1 (MS)
- GFSD individuals rapid-tested on site today: 62
- Testing results: 62 Negative; 0 Positive
- Warren Co. Public Health active quarantines as of 9/15: 354
- Warren Co. Public Health active COVID-19 cases as of 9/15: 227
- (Data from Warren Co. COVID Hub)
Please understand the following important points around our continued pandemic operations:
- If your child is vaccinated and had contact with a positive case, they will not need to quarantine as long as they are not symptomatic.
- If your child is unvaccinated and had contact with a positive case, they will be quarantined for 10 days. Please make your own family plan for this occurrence now, if you have any unvaccinated children at home.
- If your child has ANY symptoms of a cough, upset stomach, runny nose, fever, etc. STAY HOME, and contact your doctor right away.
The health, safety, and well-being of our school community remains our main focus. We will continue to work closely with WCPH, and will follow their guidance on how to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.