Dear Faculty, Staff, and Families:
Warren County remains in a “High” community transmission zone. Here is a summary COVID update for Tuesday, 10/26, using the best information that has been reported to us today, either by a local health department or by parents/guardians/employees. Remember that if any confirmed case requires a mandatory quarantine of other students or adults, we have already contacted parents and staff members separately by phone.
- GFSD individuals now under quarantine: 27
- GFSD new positive cases today: 1 (HS)
- GFSD individuals rapid-tested on site today: 69
- Testing results: 69 Negative; 0 Positive
- Warren Co. Public Health active quarantines as of 10/26: 391
- Warren Co. Public Health active COVID-19 cases as of 10/26: 269
- (Data from Warren Co. COVID Hub)
Parents and Guardians: please understand the following important points around our continued pandemic operations:
- Please, DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL WITH ANY SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS. This includes stomach pains, diarrhea, runny nose, sinus congestion, vomiting, body aches … anything that indicates your child is trying to fight off an infection. WE WILL SEND THEM HOME TO YOU. We must protect each other from the spread of COVID, and seemingly simple cold and flu symptoms can indicate COVID infection. If your child doesn’t feel well, keep them home to rest. Take them to your pediatrician or urgent clinic to be sure they don’t have an infection or need treatments to recover. A doctor’s note or negative COVID test are required to return to school.
- If your child is vaccinated and had contact with a positive COVID case, they will not need to quarantine as long as they are not symptomatic.
- If your child is unvaccinated and had contact with a positive COVID case, they will be quarantined for 10 days. Please make your own family plan for this occurrence now, if you have any unvaccinated children at home.
The health, safety, and well-being of our school community remains our main focus. We will continue to work closely with WCPH, and will follow their guidance on how to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.