Dear Parents and Guardians:
Here is a summary COVID update for today, using the best information that has been reported to us, either by a local health department or by parents/guardians/employees. (There have been no new positive cases since March 2nd.) Remember that if any confirmed case requires a mandatory quarantine of other students or adults, we have already contacted parents and staff members separately by phone.
- GFSD individuals still under quarantine: 12
- GFSD new positive cases today: 1 (Bus Garage)
- 30 rapid tests were conducted at GFSD yesterday.
- Testing results: 30 Negative; 0 Positive
- Warren Co. Public Health active quarantines as of 3/11: 245
- Warren Co. Public Health active COVID-19 cases as of 3/11: 111
- (Data from Warren Co. COVID Hub)
Please note that the NYS COVID-19 School Report Card only displays positive case data that has been confirmed by a Department of Health. Self-reported cases with documentation from a physician may not be backed up with DOH confirmation from neighboring counties. Due to these reasons, positive case and quarantine data that is reported by GFSD will differ from the counts on the State’s school report card.
It is important to keep wearing face masks everywhere outside your home, avoid gatherings or travel, and regularly wash your hands. Please continue to conduct at-home screenings and maintain personal awareness of COVID symptoms for your children.
The health, safety, and well-being of our school community remains our main focus. We will continue to work closely with WCPH, and will follow their guidance on how to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.